The best-selling complete resource for effective bullying prevention - now fully updated!
Does your school need an effective approach to bullying prevention? Thousands of educators have turned to this research-based, bullying prevention program created by respected school safety experts. With a DVD and facilitator’s guide, this complete resource focuses on positive actions that your team can take now to reduce bullying.
Presenting new video vignettes for each grade level and compelling discussion topics, this learning program will help your team develop a shared approach to bullying prevention. Participants will
- Gain perspective on the challenges schools face today in addressing all forms of bullying, including cyber-bullying
- Master proven techniques to reduce anti-social behaviors associated with aggression and harassment
- Develop skills for working with both victims and aggressors to break the cycle of bullying
- Familiarize yourself with the legal implications of bullying and harassment
- Review the key elements of a bullying prevention plan
- Discover how to empower students and families to join prevention efforts
Create a safer school environment and a stronger community by equipping administrators, faculty, and staff with the tools for change.
In consideration of a number of factors, it is our recommendation the video and facilitator’s guide be completely revised. Some of the information may remain similar, but most of the product will be different.
The video will be divided into three components: 1) Prevention and Intervention strategies, 2) Cyber-Bullying and Social Media, and 3) Litigation Protection Strategies. In addition to the three sections, there will be a separate component comprised of problem solving vignettes for elementary, middle, and high school staff and students.
- Understand how to use techniques and strategies that reduce the number of bullying incidents at school and on campus
- Understand school personnel’s responsibility related to cyber-bullying and social media
- Understand how to support a school environment based upon civility and social responsibility
- Understand how to use resources within a school community to reduce bullying behaviors
- Understand an educator’s personal and organization legal vulnerability related to bullying and harassment