Building Resilience in Students Impacted by Adverse Childhood Experiences (2 or 4 Days):
Participants will deepen their understanding of the impact of ACEs and trauma on students’ learning and behavior. Research has shown that ACEs and trauma affect a child’s brain development, cognition, behavior, and social-emotional development. By building our knowledge of the impact of ACEs, we strengthen our “why,” or the reason that we engage in this work, while gaining insights that make us more effective school professionals. School-wide systems that engage the entire staff to create a universal culture of compassion and achievement can provide students with consistent support, structure, and nurturance.
- Expand your capacity to foster resilience and success for your students and yourself.
- Learn strategies for cultivating self-awareness, growth mindset, resiliency, and self-care
- Develop multi-tiered strategies to support the behavioral, social-emotional, and academic success of all students, especially those impacted by ACEs and trauma
- Develop action plans to implement a multi-tiered trauma-informed framework in schools
What People are Saying...
"After participating in workshops, classes or meetings with Amber you will leave with a renewed sense of purpose and drive. I have had the pleasure of working with Amber for over ten years in a variety of professional settings and circumstances. Her vast knowledge of education/ special education, mental health, community organizing, family support and advocacy and wraparound / systems of care services made her workshops both enlightening and empowering. Her strength based presentation style along with her low key but passionate and extremely knowledgeable “best practice” messages left participants with a sense of new possibilities for the children and families they served."
- Vernessa Gipson, LCSW, MSW, Brandeis University, MA
"Amber is a thoughtful and confident speaker and is always well prepared to speak on important topics. She takes time to know her audience and as a result inspires participants to their core. Amber is a fresh, inspirational speaker who is always self aware and reflective about the information she shares. I wouldn’t hesitate to invite her to present on any topic she chooses."
- Colleen F. Winters, Clinical Navigator at St. Helena Hospital, CA
“This workshop series was wonderful, relevant and hugely impactful for the population we want to better serve. Ricky and Amber make a great team. They are very knowledgeable and were able to share from a wealth of experiences they have had.”
- West Des Moines Community School District, IA