Use courageous conversations to build racial equity in your schools and districts! This powerful follow-up to the highly acclaimed Courageous Conversations About Race provides the requisite framework and tools to help educators move beyond random acts of equity and pockets of excellence to systemic racial equity transformation. This breakthrough book illustrates the powerful possibilities that can be unleashed when you:Cultivating a deeper understanding of the role of systemic racism in shaping our policies and practicesáUse the Courageous Conversations About Race Protocol to transform your schooláLearn from the experiences and challenges of other equity leadersEquip yourself with the language and knowledge you need to break down barriers to academic success for underserved students of color
Foreword by James P. Comer
About the Author
1. Why Do We Need Another Book on Courageous Conversations About Race?
2. From Will and Passion to Purpose
3. Revisiting the Courageous Conversations About Race Protocol
4. Seven Years Later: What's Different and What's the Same?
5. Why Are We Still Talking About Race?
6. Moving Courageous Conversations Beyond Black and White
7. A Vision and A Framework for Achieving Racial Equity in Education
8. Leadership for Racial Equity: From Theory to Practice
9. Learning and Teaching for Racial Equity: From Theory to Practice
10. Empowering Parents and Communities of Color for Racial Equity: From Theory to Practice
11. Eden Prairie Schools: A Case Study
12. Beyond Passion, Practice, and Persistence ... A Purpose for Achieving Equity!