Strengthen the connection between child development and learning
We often teach our children in ways contrary to what we know about their development. What if our learning environments honored children’s natural inclinations and used them to enrich their lives? To help students experience joy and discovery, while also preparing them for future schooling, we need to understand the connection between how they develop and how they learn. Pica brings decades of experience in education to advocate for this change.
Written as a follow-up to the bestselling What If Everybody Understood Child Development?, this book includes:
- 31 easy-to-read chapters on topics including disruptive behavior, creativity, self-regulation, screen time, and mental health
- Suggested next steps and resources in every chapter
- Real-life examples from the author's and others’ experiences
- Evidence from brain science research
- Easy-to-read format perfect for PLCs, book studies, and parents
The straight talk in this book inspires readers to generate change so that children can have the lives and education they deserve.