Unlock the secrets to student achievement with purposeful learning and clear expectations
On a clear day, you can learn forever— that’s the adapted lyric you’ll be happily humming once you’ve covered this playbook, because you will have mastered using learning intentions and success criteria, the twin engines of Teacher Clarity. This template-filled guide shows you how to own it, do it, and live it—and your students will be more successful as a result.
In this fully revised edition, this succinct, smart, and swift book’s nine learning modules take you systematically through a process that begins and ends with standards. With abundant and all new examples that span grade levels, planning templates for every step, key professional learning questions, new videos, revised success criteria and relevance sections, and the latest research, you have the most practical and up-to-date planner for designing and delivering highly effective instruction:
- Identifying Concepts and Skills
- Sequencing Learning Progressions
- Elaborating Learning Intentions
- Crafting Success Criteria
- Modifying Learning Intentions to Include Language Expectations
- Determining the Relevance of the Learning
- Designing Assessment Opportunities
- Creating Meaningful Learning Experiences
- Establishing Mastery of Standards
Designed for PLCs or independent teacher use, The Teacher Clarity Playbook helps practitioners align lessons, objectives, and outcomes of learning seamlessly, so that the classroom hours flow productively for everyone. For any teacher striving to be more organized and have stronger relationships with students, this is the book that shows you how.