Updated Edition of Best Seller!
An updated discussion of an ongoing challenge—handling teacher dismissal.
Marginal teachers hamper the effective education of children! Principals have struggled with this problem for years. C. Edward Lawrence and Myra K. Vachon update their seminal The Marginal Teacher to offer a new look and timely solutions to a problem that affects the very essence of education. This revised edition incorporates:
- A new CD-ROM for easy modification with all of the sample forms, checklists, calendars, letters, and a sample teacher dismissal documentation
- Feedback from school districts and school administrators
- Understanding the evaluation process – procedures, policies, and laws
- Identifying the marginal teacher – offering intensive assistance
- Effective documentation– including key descriptors and phrases
- Organized in a month-by-month and step-by-step format
A failed dismissal process due to inadequate documentation can be devastating for a school and its students. The Marginal Teacher, Second Edition, is an essential resource and practical guide for principals who want to ensure that only the competent teachers remain in the classroom.
Also available from the authors, The Marginal Teacher, Second Edition without the interactive CD-ROM. Please visit: http://www.corwinpress.com/book.aspx?pid=5231