"A very practical and quick-read book for teachers. They are sure to find many answers to their questions and concerns as they embark on their careers."
Laura Brinker Kent Assistant Professor
University of South Carolina, Columbia
"The answers? It's the truth!"
Laura Forehand, First-Grade Teacher
Darlington County School District, South Carolina
A quick-access, one-stop source for all the questions new teachers will ask!
Julie Wofford Anderson, teacher and educational consultant, uses her years on the front lines to answer the most commonly asked real-life questions of preservice as well as first and second-year teachers. Her experience supervising teachers and training student teachers provides her with the unique ability to have field-tested answers ready before the questions are asked!
Sample questions includes:
- What can I do to command respect from my students?
- When am I supposed to do all this stuff and teach as well?
- What are rubrics exactly?
- How can I establish good discipline in my classroom?
- What do I do with unreasonable demands by vocal and difficult parents?
This practical "been there, done that" approach to overcoming the most common problems facing new teachers today will save time and effort and put you on the path to success. A must for every new and preservice teacher in K-12.