Set children on a path to success by understanding and nurturing the power of the brain
Children’s brains develop faster in the early years than at any other time in their lives. If you want to make the most of this pivotal period, there is no time to waste.
With newly updated research, the second edition of this bestseller provides parents and educators with strategies for building a brain-compatible environment where young learners can develop the skills they need to be successful. Inside you’ll find:
- How to design a brain-friendly environment, including the use of music, color, and lighting
- The effects of verbal communication, reading aloud, and discussion on children’s development
- Strategies for developing character and responsible behaviors
- An action plan to help parents follow through with implementation at home
- Multiple examples of best practices in action
Based on the latest research on human growth and development and written by a nationally-known education expert, Preparing Children for Success in School and Life helps you satisfy a child’s natural hunger for learning and ensure that every child gets the best possible chance at success.
Children’s brains develop faster in the early years than at any other time in their lives. If you want to make the most of this pivotal period, there is no time to waste. In this webinar with Marcia Tate, you’ll discover techniques that help to ensure children are physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally healthy from the start.
In the Introduction to Preparing Children for Success in School and Life, expert Marcia Tate shares why parents and early childhood educators have such a critical job and how the lessons in the book can prepare them for the task of preparing children for a successful future.