Planning Powerful Instruction, Grades 6-12
7 Must-Make Moves to Transform How We Teach--and How Students Learn
- Jeffrey D. Wilhelm - Boise State University, Idaho
- Rachel Bear - National Writing Project
- Adam Fachler - School in the Square
English/Language Arts (Middle/High School) | Literacy, K-12 | Teaching Methods & Learning Styles
Are you ready to plan your best lessons ever?
With so many demands and so much content available for teachers, we need to put a higher value on an often-overlooked skill: planning learning experiences that will both engage and inspire our students, by design, over time.
Planning Powerful Instruction is your go-to guide for transforming student outcomes through stellar instructional planning. Its seven-step framework—the EMPOWER model—gives you techniques proven to help students develop true insight and understanding. You’ll have at your fingertips:
- the real reasons why students engage—and what you must do to ensure they do
- a framework to help you create, plan, and teach the most effective units and lessons in any subject area
- more than 50 actionable strategies to incorporate right away
- suggestions for tailoring units for a wide range of learners
- downloadable, ready-to-go tools for planning and teaching
Whether you are a classroom teacher, an instructional leader, or a pre-service teacher, Planning Powerful Instruction will forever change the way you think about how you teach and the unique value you bring to your learners.