Synthesizing the best available research on how we learn, educators can design units and lesson plans that prepare our students to meet the challenges of an uncertain future. Join Julie Stern and co-authors for this cutting-edge webinar that will demonstrate a systematic way to empower students to apply their learning to new situations.
Participants will learn to
• Understand the essential features of learning transfer and how we can promote it
• Reflect on key shifts required to harness the power of learning transfer
• Use standards and learning outcomes to promote disciplinary literacy
• Harness a three-step approach to empower students to apply their learning to new situations
Attend this webinar to learn:
• How getting to know each student a little better can fundamentally change the classroom dynamics—and how to do that
• What it means to be an “intentionally inviting” teacher, and how it gives you an advantage in creating an environment conducive to learning
• How to bring more clarity to key aspects of your work—and how it can reap substantial rewards for you and your students
• How opening the culture to student voice—listening to students—is linked to academic motivation, and how to use it to shape your day-to-day planning
• The best ways to increase learning for your students, boosting the proportional value of their school year
In another time zone?
New York 6:30pm EST | London 11:30pm GMT | Singapore 7:30am SGT+1 | Melbourne 10:30am AEDT+1
We wish we could bring all of us together at a convenient time. If you're not able to make it, just register and we'll send you the recording afterwards.