Gerald W. Bracey
About the Author
1. Culture Shock: When Teachers Become Principals
2. Stranger in a Strange Land: The School Environment
Characteristics of School Districts
3. One Size Doesn't Fit All: Matching Your Personality With the Role of Principal
The Compatibility of Personal Attributes and the Principal's Role: Pitfalls
4. Getting an 'A' in Ambiguity: Successfully Navigating the Complexity of School Culture
The Middle Management Culture and the Accountability Subculture
5. Are You Listening? Do You Understand?
The Art and Skills of Careful Listening
6. Let's Talk Aggregate Impression: How Leaders Lead
Leadership: What Is It? Why Do We Need Leaders? What Do Leaders Do? How Do Leaders Do What They Do?
Now, Let's Talk Aggregate Impression
Management of Others' Perceptions (Aggregate Impression) Through Role Assumption
7. Seeing the Forest and the Trees: Blending the Best of Management and Leadership
8. Let's Meet So You Can "Ooh" and "Ahh" Over My Experience: Marketing Campaigns and Initiation Rituals
Selling Yourself as "Prime Cut"
What Is This Selection Process Game You've Been Invited to Play?
9. Winning a Race without a Finish Line: Changing the Organization Without Alienating the Culture
Tweaking the Culture Is Okay: The Two Sides of Change
Managing Change Through Leadership