Presented by Margarita Espino Calderon, Maria G. Dove, Diane Staehr Fenner, Margo Gottlieb, Andrea Honigsfeld, Tonya Ward Singer, Shawn Slakk, Ivannia Soto & Debbie Zacarian
One short year ago, Corwin’s Collective for EL Achievement began breaking down the walls that have for too long confined our multilingual learners, offering up nine essential shifts for delivering on our students’ promise. Then came COVID-19, which has only illuminated the long-standing systemic and societal inequities in place—most notably the Digital Divide. Now, the Collective is reconvening in an all-new webinar to share specific strategies for enacting the shifts in this very different teaching and learning climate.
Divided into nine parts, this webinar will walk attendees through the presenters’ nine tenets, which teachers and administrators can use as calls to actions in their own efforts to realize our English learners’ potential:
1. From Deficit-Based to Asset-Based
2. From Compliance to Excellence
3. From Watering Down to Challenging
4. From Isolation to Collaboration
5. From Silence to Conversation
6. From Language to Language, Literacy, and Content
7. From Assessment of Learning to Assessment for and as Learning
8. From Monolingualism to Multilingualism
9. From Nobody Cares to Everyone/Every Community Cares
In another time zone?
New York 6:30pm EST | London 11:30pm GMT | Singapore 7:30am SGT+1 | Melbourne 10:30am AEDT+1
We wish we could bring all of us together at a convenient time. If you're not able to make it, just register and we'll send you the recording afterwards.