"I cannot imagine any teacher who wants to be the best possible teacher not loving this book!"
—Renee Peoples, Teacher/Math Coach
West Elementary School, Bryson City, NC
"This an exciting way for new teachers to really target the important strategies that successful teachers use, as well as for veteran teachers to confirm the things that they are already doing right!"
—Mary Ann Hartwick, Coordinator, LESD/ASU
Litchfield Elementary School District, Verrado, MS
Avoid common classroom mistakes and develop your skills as an educator!
Written for novice and seasoned professionals alike, this updated edition of a powerful bestseller provides research-based best practices and practical applications that promote strong instruction and classroom management.
The authors translate the latest research into 101 effective strategies for new and veteran K–12 teachers. Updated throughout, and with an entirely new chapter on supporting reading and literacy, this edition presents the strategies in a user-friendly format:
- The Strategy: a concise statement of an instructional strategy
- What the Research Says: a brief discussion of the research to provide readers with a deeper understanding of the principles involved
- Classroom Application: how each strategy can be used in instructional settings
- Precautions and Possible Pitfalls: caveats to help teachers avoid common problems
- Sources: a reference list for further reading
What Successful Teachers Do is a valuable resource for strengthening teachers' professional development and improving student performance.