These guides and the accompanying CD-ROM contain:
- A range of practical activities
- Commentary on the activities
- Pedagogical suggestions (sequencing of materials, promoting active participation, adapting to the needs of particular teachers)
- Various solution strategies
- Additional reading and problems tied to the content of the main text
- Sample solutions for all problems and discussion questions.
The pack consists of Ways to Think About Mathematics: Activities and Investigations for Grade 6-12 Teachers and The Facilitator's Guide To Ways To Think About Mathematics
Ways to Think About Mathematics fills the gap between what maths teachers learned in college and what they are required to teach in today's classrooms. Focusing on algebraic, geometric, and statistical ideas, the book gives teachers the opportunity to learn and understand the same maths concepts and maths problems that they will be teaching.
The Facilitator's Guide To Ways To Think About Mathematics is designed for use in staff development workshops, and is also appropriate for initial teacher education courses in secondary mathematics.