"This book combats the stagnation of creativity in an era of increased accountability through standardized testing. It is an exceptionally well written, comprehensive book that will appeal to a variety of readers."
—Beth Madison, Principal
George Middle School, Portland, OR
Discover how thinking and acting creatively can influence both teaching and learning!
Creativity is a vital part of living for everyone—and for teachers and students, it's a requirement for success in the 21st century. Built on that core belief, this inspiring book provides teachers with a step-by-step plan for accessing their own creative resources and cultivating a more creative teaching practice.
Offering a breakdown of the creative process as it applies to both lesson building and delivery, the author provides a range of applications, examples, and strategies across multiple content areas and grade levels. This practical resource helps teachers and administrators:
- Gain confidence in their own ability to teach from their strengths and to elicit students' strengths and creativity
- Access their ability to think and act more creatively in the classroom
- Enhance learning by engaging, motivating, and inspiring students with an array of research-based, creative teaching strategies
- Learn how to identify creativity that furthers educational goals
- Discover how the power of technology can help facilitate creative thinking
Use creativity to transform your teaching practices and prepare your students for the challenges of today and tomorrow!