Unlock the potential of every boy!
No, you’re not imagining it: boys really do learn differently from girls. When you discover how to reach them, you can help them succeed beyond anyone’s expectations—even their own. Updated with the latest research in neuroscience and developmental psychology, this bestselling guide translates theory into tested and refined strategies that are practical and ready to be put to work immediately. Features include
- A discussion of cognitive gender differences and how they relate to learning
- An analysis of the benefits and challenges of single-sex classrooms
- Tried and true techniques for differentiating learning in co-ed classroom
- Cutting-edge strategies for reaching boys with ADHD, learning disabilities, social and emotional differences, and more
- Detailed case studies and real-life dilemmas
The boys in your class are counting on you. Keep them in the game and lead them to success with this must-have resource.
“This book is a practical resource for the classroom teacher. It provides teachers with a plethora of engaging and promising practices and tools to motivate and encourage students to perform at or above their potentiality level.”
—Shelia Gorham, Principal
Allen Middle School, Greensboro, NC
“Teaching the Male Brain, Second Edition is a holistic tool for educators, parents, and individuals committed to effectively understand, teach, support, and guide the development of young men in their care. Dr. James provides a clear lens into the intricate details of the thoughts and actions of the boys in our lives.”
—Nakia Douglas, Principal
Barack Obama Male Leadership Academy, Dallas, TX