Manage your classroom with proven, positive techniques that promote appropriate behavior.
Teachers want to be able to teach the content they were trained to teach. Yet most teachers find themselves faced with the challenge of achieving effective classroom management. Highly readable and engaging, Teaching Discipline & Self-Respect offers guidelines, specific strategies, and structured activities that have been used successfully in culturally, linguistically, economically, and academically diverse classrooms.
SiriNam S. Khalsa, a master teacher and consultant who is passionate about teaching and understanding the individual needs of every student, focuses on developing self-esteem and self-image while maintaining the dignity of each student. Through vignettes and case studies, Khalsa's text provides readers with:
- Guidelines for changing students' negative behavior
- Reproducible lessons, such as "Understanding Anger" and "Teaching 'I' and 'You' Statements"
- Engaging activities ready for immediate use in difficult situations
- 15 steps to help teachers keep a positive mental attitude
- 30 techniques for reducing stress and maintaining perspective when working with challenging students
This refreshing and energizing approach to classroom management shows teachers how to embrace positive change and improve both their teaching practice and their students' lives.