Build a positive, accountable classroom environment with restorative discipline!
With restorative discipline, schools move beyond punitive approaches to shared expectations for learning and behavior. Used together with The School Leader'' Guide to Restorative Discipline, this teacher's guide shows how to create a welcoming and responsible community within your classroom, contributing to a consistent, schoolwide approach to discipline.
Authors Luanna Meyer and Ian Evans offer field-tested strategies that transform classroom dynamics. Topics include:
- A step-by-step approach to introducing restorative discipline in your classroom
- Developing peer support and group problem-solving among students, including preventing and stopping bullying
- Collaborating with administrators and colleagues on schoolwide behavior expectations
- Partnering with families and neighborhood organizations to support positive student conduct
- Managing effective individual interventions with students, including four key principles for success
This comprehensive guide helps teachers introduce and sustain a proven approach to discipline, preparing students for achievement in school and life.