The increasing focus on standards and accountability has brought a new breed of challenges: educators today must not only engage students, but also their parents; they must not only provide authentic assessments, but also communicate them in meaningful ways. With the help of this updated edition of a bestseller, educators can achieve this and more as they turn student work into insightful showcase portfolios, and transform the oft-dreaded parent conferences into powerful learning and assessment opportunities.
The user-friendly and time-tested strategies outlined in the manual have been successfully implemented in classrooms throughout North America, and real-life examples are provided to illustrate how the approach can be applied at any grade level and for any subject matter.
Newly added features to this comprehensive text include:
- Strategies for beginning the portfolio process with students
- Current research findings that support student-led conferencing
- Easy-to-use timelines and sample schedules
- Blackline masters that cut down on teacher prep-time
- The latest information on electronic portfolios