Demonstrate how teachers can increase students' academic achievement through proactive classroom management!
Designed around the successful format of Marcia L. Tate's best-selling book Shouting Won't Grow Dendrites, this comprehensive multimedia presentation offers staff developers all the materials they need to help novice and experienced teachers reduce classroom problems and cultivate a physical environment conducive to learning. Workshop leaders will be able to demonstrate how teachers can significantly improve learners' performance by developing a classroom management plan; delivering successful brain-compatible lessons; responding effectively to chronic behavior problems; and using easy-to-implement strategies such as
- Constructive classroom conversations
- Classroom rituals
- Music and movement
Featuring 20 practical and proven techniques, Shouting Won't Grow Dendrites: A Multimedia Kit for Professional Development provides
- The companion book, Shouting Won't Grow Dendrites, covering the critical elements of managing a brain-compatible classroom
- A 70-minute, content-rich VHS video that features Marcia L. Tate discussing brain-friendly strategies and master teachers demonstrating research-based techniques in the classroom
- A companion DVD with navigation menus and bullets for easy stop-and-search control of the video content
- A step-by-step facilitator's guide that connects the core content of the book to the video/DVD and includes segment prompts, workshop outlines, extended workshop activities, key points, and discussion questions
This all-in-one package is indispensable for staff developers, principals, and district administrators conducting training on brain-friendly classroom management practices to improve student outcomes.