Science Formative Assessment, Volume 1
75 Practical Strategies for Linking Assessment, Instruction, and Learning
- Page Keeley - Consultant, Speaker, and Author
A Joint Publication With the National Science Teachers Association
Formative Assessment | Science | Teaching Methods & Learning Styles
Newly Updated! Deepen students’ science knowledge through formative assessment.
Formative assessment informs the design of learning opportunities that take students from their existing ideas of science to the scientific ideas and practices that support conceptual understanding. Page Keeley, a nationally known expert in science education, wrote Science Formative Assessment to help educators weave formative assessment into daily instruction and learning. In the second edition, the author provides many new examples, links the strategies to current research as well as the Framework for K-12 Science Education and Next Generation Science Standards, and even shows how these same techniques can be used across other disciplines.
Teachers will appreciate 75 formative assessment classroom techniques (FACTs) that include:
- Descriptions of how each FACT promotes learning and informs instruction
- Charts linking K-12 core concepts and scientific practices to the 75 FACTs
- Implementation guidance, such as required materials and student grouping
- Modifications for different learners and grade spans
- Links to use in other content areas, including a brief example
Use Science Formative Assessment with any science curriculum or state standards to improve and enhance teaching and learning in K-12 science classrooms.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1 - An Introduction to Formative Assessment Classroom Techniques (FACTs)