John Davis, Principal
Juan Cabrillo Elementary School, Malibu, CA
How do your policies measure up to codes for disciplinary practice? Build a school community where educators and students can concentrate on the business of learning.
Rosen offers the best ideas and most workable discipline practices from more than 1,000 school leaders. School Discipline, Best Practices for Administrators, Second Edition, is loaded with updates and gives administrators all the tools they need to create a safe environment, from dealing effectively with the 5% of students who take up 90% of their time, to creating a positive public image in the community. It also helps educators keep up with the latest research and effective methods while helping teachers gain good classroom management skills.
- Strategies aligned to "Safe and Drug Free Schools" legislation
- Timely issues such as fairness of zero tolerance policies
- Implications of new suspension and expulsion legalities
- Coverage of recent court decisions and rulings
- A new chapter offering strategies aligned to IDEA for students with special needs
- A new chapter offering prevention strategies
For both seasoned administrators and those new to the job, this book will help you ensure a safe and just campus while allowing diversity and individuality to flourish. This hands-on guide contains contracts, reproducible forms, and worksheets that you can use as is or customize for your own school.