Enrich your understanding and application of the Parallel Curriculum Model!
The Parallel Curriculum: A Design to Develop High Potential and Challenge High-Ability Learners remains a groundbreaking publication offering an innovative model for rich curriculum development across varying ability levels. Its four parallel approaches to curriculum development were designed to challenge all students to greater expertise across content areas while helping teachers challenge and develop their own expectations.
The Parallel Curriculum in the Classroom, Book 1 delves more deeply into the classroom application of the Parallel Curriculum Model, providing in-depth examinations of how to:
- Design appropriate curriculum using the Parallel Curriculum Model
- Effectively apply focusing questions when planning for each of the parallels
- Modify the curriculum and classroom environment for students to learn from multiple perspectives
- Extend opportunities with the Curriculum of Identity
- Plan curriculum and instruction using Ascending Intellectual Demand
For teachers, curriculum and instruction directors, staff developers, and administrators, The Parallel Curriculum in the Classroom, Book 1 makes designing and planning with the Parallel Curriculum Model clear. Challenge and reward yourself and your students with this promising new model!
See The Parallel Curriculum in the Classroom, Book 2