Assess classroom learning and improve instruction with comfort and ease!
Now there is a fresh perspective on assessment that starts from your strengths in the classroom and results in improved instruction and learning. Even the beginner teacher can learn how to use assessment to help students focus on strengths and overcome weaknesses.
Natural Classroom Assessment was written to illustrate how assessing classroom learning can be a natural extension of the teaching process. Learn how to analyze results in your classroom using your own particular teaching style and learn how to evaluate the assessments of others.
Some of the key topics covered:
- Determining goals, targets, and objectives
- Designing assessments that evolve from instruction
- Choosing authentic assessments and projects
- Using multiple choice, essays, and reports
- Preparing students for assessment
- Scoring and communicating results
- Planning parent-teacher conferences
- Assessing students with special needs
This is a comprehensive but accessible guide to increase effectiveness in the classroom. An essential resource for both experienced and novice teachers who want to gain confidence about the assessment process.