Everything you need to promote mathematical thinking and learning!
Good math teachers have a robust repertoire of strategies to move students’ learning forward. This new volume from award-winning author Page Keeley and mathematics expert Cheryl Rose Tobey helps you improve student outcomes with 50 all-new formative assessment classroom techniques (FACTS) that are embedded throughout a cycle of instruction. Descriptions of how the FACTs promote learning and inform teaching, including illustrative examples, support the inextricable link between instruction and learning.
Useful across disciplines, Keeley and Tobey’s purposeful assessment techniques help K-12 math teachers:
- Promote conceptual understanding
- Link techniques to core ideas and practices
- Modify instruction for diverse learners
- Seamlessly embed formative assessment throughout the stages of instruction
- Focus on learning targets and feedback
Instead of a one-size fits all approach, you can build a bridge between your students’ initial ideas and correct mathematical thinking with this one-of-a-kind resource!