How can you use the growing body of research on how the brain learns to become a more effective leader?
Cognitive neuroscientists are gaining greater insights into how the brain interacts with and learns from the environment. Now David A. Sousa, one of the foremost experts in translating this research into classroom practice, examines the brain-compatible leadership practices that sustain effective teaching and learning.
The Leadership Brain provides a new model for a whole-brain approach to educational leadership. Examining what we know about the adult brain, and how to apply these lessons to effective school leadership and team management, this powerful resource provides you with the necessary tools to:
- Understand the differences in learning and retention, left and right hemispheric preferences, higher-order thinking, and the nature of creativity
- Initiate and lead productive change within your school
- Effectively shape and manage school culture
- Address the call for ethical and spiritual leadership
- Understand how thinking habits influence our actions, especially with problem solving and conflict resolution
- Reduce misconceptions about students with disabilities, gifted, and minority students
- Use information about the influence that modern society has on student learning and their different expectations
The Leadership Brain includes valuable self-assessment tools, resources, and practical applications that will help instructional leaders develop a modern, creative, team-centered school where all students and teachers can reach their full potential.