Keyed to the core book Science Curriculum Topic Study, this resource helps science professional development leaders and teacher educators understand the CTS approach and how to design, lead, and apply CTS in a variety of settings that support teachers as learners. The authors provide everything needed to facilitate the CTS process, including:
- A solid foundation in the CTS framework
- Multiple designs for half-day and full-day workshops, professional learning communities, and one-on-one instructional coaching
- Facilitation, group processing, and materials management strategies
- Ideas for embedding CTS in professional development programs
- A CD-ROM with handouts, PowerPoint slides, and templates for developing your own CTS sessions
- References to additional resources and materials
By bringing CTS into schools and other professional development settings, science leaders can enhance their teachers' knowledge of content, improve teaching practices, and have a positive impact on student learning.