Master the 3 + 3 = 33 equation for successful first days at school-at any grade level!
Research shows that time invested during the first three weeks of school to teach Routines, Rubrics, and Rules-the three R's-leads to higher student achievement throughout the remaining 33 weeks of school, or 3 + 3 = 33.
This wonderfully practical and effective new book from bestselling author Elaine McEwan will help any teacher through those critical weeks and show how truly "with-it" teachers (WITs) can manage more easily the three critical facets of every teacher's day: classroom management and organization, student engagement, and time management.
WITs from K-12 classrooms share their specific personal routines, rubrics and rules to help you survive and thrive in those first three weeks of school, including
- Designing and organizing your classroom to support learning
- Teaching routines, rubrics, and rules to maximize learning time
- Creating organizational, academic, and social routines
- Choosing rules and rewards to build character and motivation
- Using the "With-It" teacher list, including attention-getters, noise-breakers, timesavers, routines, and homework helpers
With the power of 3 + 3 = 33, and the secrets of WITs, you can chart a sure-footed course for those all-important first weeks of school, and help guide your students successfully through the school year!