Health Problems in the Classroom 6-12
An A-Z Reference Guide for Educators
- Dolores M. Huffman - Purdue University, Calumet, USA
- Karen Lee Fontaine - Purdue University, Calumet, USA
- Bernadette K. Price
Classroom Management & Student Behaviour | School Safety | Teaching in Secondary Schools
Sharpen your medical knowledge and understanding of health problems and concerns facing today's students with this authoritative reference guide!
Further continuing the dialogue from their successful reference, Health Problems in the Classroom PreK-6, authors and medical experts Huffman, Fontaine, and Price have collaborated yet again to provide this valuable resource for middle and high school teachers, teacher aides, administrators, and educators, covering health problems that affect students in grades 6 through 12. Alphabetically listing the most current health concerns for this age group, this ready-reference handbook covers:
- At-a-glance medical information about 150 illnesses, injuries, and medical conditions that affect adolescents in middle schools and high schools, including details about signs and symptoms, primary groups affected, classroom guidelines, attendance guidelines, medications, and communication topics to discuss with parents and caregivers
- Detailed coverage of sports injuries, sexually transmitted diseases, dating violence, and other topics relevant to teens
- Health, illness, disability, self-esteem, and stigma during adolescence
- Family and community issues related to gender, sexual, and social identity, including a section on adolescent depression and warning signs for suicide
An essential guide for all teachers and school personnel, Health Problems in the Classroom 6-12 gives educators immediate access to the knowledge, referrals, and resources they need to understand the health challenges facing them in today's middle schools and high schools.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Health, Illness, and Disability During Adolescence