Foreword to the Third Edition by Terrence E. Deal
Foreword to the Second Edition by Governor Richard W. Riley
Foreword to the First Edition by Aretha B. Pigford
About the Author
1. It's Better to Know Some of the Questions Than All of the Answers
2. Why Am I Going to Visit Bob?
3. What Is a Leader?
4. Why Should Leaders Care About Caring?
5. What Do I Care About?
6. What Do I Believe About People?
7. Am I Taking Care of My Water Buffalo?
8. What Does It Mean to Be a Teacher?
9. Am I Willing to Share Power?
10. What Does It Mean to Be Responsible?
11. Why Am I Doing This?
12. Am I Willing to Jump for the Trapeze?
13. Who's the King or Queen of the Jungle?
14. "Honey, Do These Pants Make Me Look Fat?"
15. Can I Care Enough to Do the Little Things?
16. "Can You Just Call Me Willie, Mrs. Peterson?"
17. How Are Schools Transformed?
18. Why Do I Choose to Lead?
19. What Do Leaders Owe to Those Who Follow?
20. Can I Care Enough to Be My Own Best Friend?
21. Will That Be a Senior Cup of Coffee?
22. Your Leadership Becomes You!