"This book is a gem. Every classroom teacher ought to read it. It contains information critical for new teachers as well as those who have been in the field."
Dina Saurenman, Assistant Superintendent, Alhambra High School District, California
"Should be in every school's professional library. A must review for new teachers. I'm buying it for all my teachers."
R. A. Chartier, Principal, Madison Unified School District, Phoenix, Arizona
"A wonderful collection of practical advice. Must reading for new and continuing teachers."
Bonnie Blum, Director of Student Services, Azusa Unified School District, California
Clear the path to a successful career in education. Let Sesno show you how to help yourself and your teachers evade the missteps, pitfalls, and problems that can happen to any educational professional, in -or out of - any classroom.
Here are 97 commonsense ways to arm against the kinds of self-inflicted, career-damaging "incidents" that every teacher and administrator fears. Find out how to hone your judgment skills and make sure you know just how to act in class, on campus, and around town.
Learn how to
* Prepare yourself for the emotional rigors of your classroom or your school
* Avoid even the appearance of inappropriate behavior
* Keep your career moving forward
* Handle students, parents, other staff members, and situations in ways that safeguard your career
* Change any behavior that could lead to trouble
* Avoid getting involved in litigation
The goal here is to help every educator understand how to provide students with academic and social building blocks for constructive lives while protecting themselves from career-ending trouble.