Shift to blended learning to transform education
Blended learning has the power to reinvent education, but transitioning to a blended model is challenging. Blended learning requires a fundamentally new approach to learning as well as a new skillset for both teachers and school leaders. Loaded with research, examples, and resources, Blended Learning in Action demonstrates the advantages a blended model has over traditional instruction when technology is used to engage students both inside the classroom and online. Readers will find:
- Breakdowns of the most effective classroom setups for blended learning
- Guidelines to build a blended learning toolbox of tech and resources
- Tips for leaders
- Ideas for personalizing and differentiating instruction using technology
- Strategies for managing devices in classrooms and schools
- Study questions to facilitate professional development and deeper learning
Written with system-wide transformation in mind, this is the resource teachers and leaders need to help them shift to a blended learning model and transform education for today's learning environment.
"The time for blended learning is now and the place is ALL classrooms throughout the country. This book provides educators with essential information and practices that will prepare students for the 21st Century."
Kim Weber, 4th Grade Teacher
Mandell School, New York, NY
"This book is different. It is deeper and more serious about creating the change students deserve than most others. The fact that each and every chapter starts out with a student's perspective confirms that it is built on a vital pedagogical foundation."
Brad Gustafson, Principal and Author of Renegade Leadership
Greenwood Elementary, Wayzata, MN