Based on research and easy to remember, this approach helps readers handle challenging situations using the least amount of time and energy. Illustrated with many examples and scenarios, the six steps are:
- Concern: identifying actionable concerns
- Confer: expressing concerns in nonthreatening ways
- Consult: reviewing and clarifying the situation collaboratively
- Confront: considering consequences and giving clear warnings
- Combat: taking sustained, logical action
- Conciliation: mending the wounds and restoring relationships
Focused on preserving relationships while resolving disagreements, From Conflict to Conciliation can be used in any situation or setting, from the classroom to the community.