Don’t let the revolution in math education pass your teachers by!
By now, most teachers have a shelf full of books, articles, and reports on the Common Core and RTI. But where’s the resource that addresses how the two fit together? Individually, the Common Core and RTI are formidable enough. Together, they create a “perfect storm” of challenges, with most teachers left wondering where to turn first.
Finally, here’s a guide that distills the central elements of the Common Core and RTI into a single, manageable resource that provides strategies for serving all students. You will find:
• Real-world scenarios based on actual school-based issues
• Multiple classroom-ready work samples
• Content-area applications of RTI, including math vocabulary and literacy
• A focus on instructional technology, with references to online resources in every chapter
• Preparation for future developments in state and national educational policy
With additional guidance on students with special needs, behavioral issues, English language learners, and parent involvement, this all-in-one resource gives your teachers a distinct advantage in providing the superior math instruction all students deserve.
"Burton and Kappenberg have done a great service to teachers by combining Common Core and RTI into one easy-to-use text."
—Deb Bible, RTI Interventionist
Dundee Highlands School, West Dundee, IL
“Anyone involved in the development of mathematic teachers and who is currently a mathematics teacher will find this book to be a resource to effectively unify instructional strategies to teach all students.”
—Satasha Green, Dean of Education
New York Institute of Technology